After the two successful years, here comes a follow-up! Creative Industry Košice, together with and K.A.I.R. – Košice Artist in Residence, is announcing an open call for media artists from UNESCO Creative Cities to come on a two-month residency to Košice. The deadline for application is 20 August 2021.
This specific residency seeks to create a platform for a media artist from one of the UNESCO Creative Cities to develop their artistic project. It is an opportunity to develop a new project or continue working on a project that is already in development by shifting its perspective and embracing the open call’s topic. The open call is limited to the artists born, living, or working in a UNESCO Creative City. To learn more about the open call, read this brochure.
Topic: Human Responsibility
In 2021, the residency program focuses on connecting individuals and sharing the responsibility to the world in the time of crisis. The project aims not only to analyze the current situation but also to look critically at its consequences and the near and distant future.
- Is the current crisis causing a change in thinking and personal values? Or is it just temporary?
- What are the possible new or different forms of political and cultural group activities and coexistence? And how does the environment in which we live, including other living organisms, fit into this coexistence?
- How could the world slow down in the fight against the virus so that our society and economy respect our fragile ecosystems?
- What are the results and consequences of the process of moving between different places on Earth and beyond?
- How can the protection of human rights be ensured for all citizens? And what can we do to protect this and future generations?
- Scholarship of 2000 €
- Transportation costs to and from Košice
- Accommodation in Košice
- Access to the studio at KAIR
- Budget for technical production (up to 4000 €)
- Opportunity to participate in the art and community life of the city and to promote your own work in Košice
To apply for the residency, please use this online form.
If the situation regarding COVID-19 or another vis major is unfavorable, the residency or its parts will be postponed until spring 2022. It will be agreed upon individually with a selected resident.
The residency program is supported using public funding by Slovak Arts Council.