After three successful years, here comes a follow-up! Košice – UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts offers media artists and scientists a two-month stay in Košice in autumn 2022. The residency is organized by the Creative Industry Košice – a focal point of UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts, and by KAIR Košice Artist in Residence.
Media Arts Residency 2022
This year's residency seeks to create space for one media artist and one scientist from a city designated as UNESCO Creative Cities to develop their art & science project. The residency is an opportunity to create a new project or to continue work on something in development by shifting its perspective and embracing the open call’s topic: BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE.
Topic: Behavioural Change
In 2022, the residency program focuses on exploring the ways that technology brings and/or could bring a change in human behaviour, how it affects the very notion of our understanding of behavioural norms, expectations, and actions in both physical and digital worlds of our everyday existence.
The collaborating duo can search for answers to questions:
- What changes does technology bring to our understanding of moral, social, and political actions?
- How does it affect the body of action itself, the perception of activity, the horizon of perceived possibilities – what is possible, what is moral, what is desirable, and how are we expected to act, interact and engage in our lives and lives of our communities, because of technology and by technology?
- How does this change of behaviour powered by technology affect the notion of our communities, of our togetherness, of our humanity?
- Scholarship 2 000 € (gross)/ person
- Covering transportation costs to and from Košice
- Providing accommodation in Košice
- KAIR studio, curatorial, production logistics, and technical support
- Budget for technical production spent locally (up to 4 000 €)
- An opportunity to participate in the art and community life of the city and to promote own work in Košice
For applying to the residency, the duos are submitting a single application using the online form, which contains the contact, brief backgrounf information, project proposal, CV and portfolio.
In a case of an unfavourable situation in regards to COVID- 19 or another vis major, the residency or its parts will be taking place online. It will be agreed individually with the selected artist, and scientist-in-residence.
The program is supported by the Slovak Arts Council.