Art & Tech Conference is a conference of media art, technology, and digital culture in Košice. As a highlight and part of the Art & Tech Days festival, the conference takes place each year in November in Kulturpark. It introduces revolutionary ideas, social discourses, and contemporary work in media art, business, technology, and science.
This is a conference for all those who are curious and those, who look to the future more than the past. Innovators, coders, artists, entrepreneurs, students, teachers, scientists, and all those who want to be at the forefront of development. Art & Tech Conference reveals how digitization and technology are influencing artistic creation and vice versa, how artists can inspire technological development and innovation.
Why should you come?
- broaden your horizons beyond your main focus field
- find out how to use a combination of different disciplines to improve your business and innovate
- get to know artists, philosophers, designers, IT masters, scientists from all over the world
- build new contacts for your work
- discover new technologies as tools for creation
- think about ethical dilemmas
- visit Košice – UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts and the former European Capital of Culture
- Creativity – Technology – Art // 2016
The preliminary year of the conference explored the general intersection between creativity, technology, and art.
- Design on non-traditional solutions // 2017
Art & Tech Conference 2017 hosted many successful international speakers who presented inspiring examples of the best practices in UX/UI, design, digital media, art, innovation as well as practical links between creativity and IT. Learn more about them in this overview or head to the website.
- Revolution of today // 2018
In 2018, we shed light on one of the most revolutionary technologies ever available to mankind - artificial intelligence or AI. Meet our speakers and learn more about the theme in this article or visit the website. Intelligent systems can recognize faces and places, understand speech, write newspaper articles, and even make music, poems, and paintings. But can computers really be creative? Will AI replace artists, or will it be a tool that moves human creativity to a new level? How does it affect culture, education, or business? We explored (not only) the following answers to these questions.
- Language & Communication // 2019
The Art & Tech Conference 2019 brought attention to the topic of language and communication – the basis of human interaction. We explored what happens when we add robots, artificial intelligence, or software to the equation. For more information head to the website. Communication is not just words; we learned there is also an interaction between people and software, emotions and code, the human body and technology, and even virtual reality and the physical world.
- Human Responsibility // 2020
The Art & Tech Conference opens up important topics in the field of art and technology every year. 2020 edition will focus on the topic of Human Responsibility.
Art & Tech Conference hosts prominent personalities from many areas who share their know-how with us every year, provide their unique insight into current topics, and inspire the local environment to take bold steps. Head to the Success stories section below to get to know them.
Design of non-traditional solutions // 2017
- Joshua Newham / UK - Director of Design Technology in Method, focusing on the intersection of design and artificial intelligence
- Zsuzsa Kovács / HU - UX Research director at Prezi
- Karl Strocker / AT - Professor, exhibition project director, historian, and the founder of Bisdato Exhibition & Museum Design
- Rui Coutinho / PT - Strategist, manager, professor, researcher, mentor and entrepreneur and the founder of Porto Design Factory
- Stéphan Assadourian / CA - Game developer and one of the founding members of the Assassin’s Creed franchise
- Claudia Schnugg / AT - Independent researcher in the interdisciplinary field of art, technology, business and science, and the senior curator at Ars Electronica Futurelab
- Jaro Slávik / SK - Producer and manager who worked with stars like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna, and Phil Collins
- Luis Fernandes / PT - Canal 180 executive producer
- Andrej Kolenčík / SK - Film director and artist who works under his own production company Admiral Films
- Sébastien Larroude / CA - Conceptual designer, author, and artistic director, game developer
Revolution of today // 2018
- Gene Kogan / USA - Artist and programmer who is interested in generative systems, informatics, and software for creativity and artistic creation
- Merav Oren / IL - Multi-entrepreneur businesswoman and one of the 100 most influential people in Israeli hi-tech
- Filip Ruisl / SK & HU - Interaction Designer at Kitchen Budapest Lab who dedicates his time to music and sound design
- Adi Zamir / IL - CEO and the Founder of Pink Of View start-up – the first personalized predictive indicator of risk which enables early detection of breast cancer
- Uri Aviv / IL - General Director, consultant and sci-fi evangelist
- Karol Piekarski / PL - Program Director of Medialab Katowice
- Martin Ján Stránsky / CZ & USA - Head of Neurology at Yale University
- Peter Matúš / SK - Board Member of Tatra Banka
- Mária Virčíková / SK - Co-founder of MATSUKO
Language & Communication // 2019
- Sean Mulholland / USA - Design & Team Lead at IDEO
- Michael Spranger / DE - Senior researcher at the Sony Computer Science Laboratories Inc. (Tokyo)
- Lisa van Kleef / NL - Partner and designer at Lava studio
- João Martinho Moura / PT - Artist and researcher with a focus on digital art, intelligent interfaces, digital music
- Jiří Charvát / CZ - Moderates talks, discusses self-development and teaches improvisation
- Lukáš Venclík / CZ - Plays improvisational theatre, designs and leads workshops of applied improvisation for the public and for companies
- Agnieszka Kubicka-Dzieduszycka / PL - Media art curator, manager of cultural events, and academic teacher.
- Mária Friedmannová / SK - Spent 4 years at Google, researching user interaction with YouTube
- Marc Vilanova / ES - Sound and light artist working at the intersection of art, science and technology