Art & Tech Conference is a conference of media art, technology and digital culture in Košice. As a highlight and part of the Art & Tech Days festival, the conference takes place each year in November in Kulturpark. It introduces revolutionary ideas, social discourses and contemporary work in media art, business, technology and science.
This is a conference for all those who are curious and those, who look to the future more than the past. Innovators, coders, artists, entrepreneurs, students, teachers, scientists, and all those who want to be at the forefront of development. Art & Tech Conference reveals how digitisation and technology are influencing artistic creation and vice versa, how artists can inspire technological development and innovation.
Why should you come?
- broaden your horizons beyond your main focus field;
- find out how to use a combination of different disciplines to improve your business and innovate;
- get to know artists, philosophers, designers, IT masters, scientists from all over the world;
- build new contacts for your work;
- discover new technologies as tools for creation;
- think about ethical dilemmas;
- visit Košice - UNESCO Creative City of Media Arts and the former European Capital of Culture.
Art & Tech Conference hosts prominent personalities from many areas who share their know-how with us every year, provide their unique insight into current topics and inspire the local environment to take bold steps. So far we had a chance to meet:
- Gene Kogan (USA) - Artist and programmer who is interested in generative systems, informatics and software for creativity and artistic creation.
- Merav Oren (IL) - Multi-entrepreneur businesswoman and one of the 100 most influential people in Israeli hi-tech.
- Filip Ruisl (SK/HU) - Interaction designer at Kitchen Budapest Lab who dedicates his time to music and sound design.
- Adi Zamir (IL) - CEO and the Founder of Pink Of View start-up - the first personalised predictive indicator of risk which enables early detection of breast cancer.
- Uri Aviv (IL) - General director, consultant and sci-fi evangelist.
- Karol Piekarski (PL) - Programme Director of Medialab Katowice.
- Martin Ján Stránsky (CZ/USA) - Head of Neurology at Yale University.
- Peter Matúš (SK) - Board member of Tatra Banka.
- Mária Virčíková (SK) - Co-founder of MATSUKO.
- Joshua Newham (UK) - Director of Design Technology in Method, focusing on the intersection of design and artificial intelligence.
- Zsuzsa Kovács (HU) - UX Research Director at Prezi.
- Karl Strocker (AT) - Professor, exhibition project director, historian and the founder of Bisdato Exhibition & Museum Design.
- Rui Coutinho (PT) - Strategist, manager, professor, researcher, mentor and entrepreneur and the founder of Porto Design Factory.
- Stéphan Assadourian (CA) - Game developer and one of the founding members of the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
- Claudia Schnugg (AT) - Independent researcher in the interdisciplinary field of art, technology, business and science and the senior curator at Ars Electronica Futurelab.
- Jaro Slávik (SK) - Disrupt speaker, producer and manager who worked with stars like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna and Phil Collins.
- Luis Fernandes (PT) - Canal 180 Executive Producer of Canal 180 Media Platform.
- Andrej Kolenčík (SK) - Film director and artist who works under his own production company Admiral Films.
- Sébastien Larroude (CA) - Conceptual designer, author and artistic director, game developer.
Revolution of today
In 2018, we shone a light on one of the most revolutionary technologies ever available to mankind - artificial intelligence or AI.
"Intelligent systems can recognise faces and places, understand speech, write newspaper articles, and even create music, poems or images. But are computers able to be truly creative, or does the ability to create remain a human privilege? Will AI replace artists or will it be a tool which will improve human creativity? How will it affect culture, education and business? How and why do artists contribute to the development of AI? And in which direction will this digital revolution go?"
Read more about the topic of Art & Tech Conference 2018 and its speakers in this article.
The Art & Tech Conference opens up important topics in the field of art and technology every year. 2019 edition will focus on the topic of language and communication. Both areas - art and technology - use a specific language. Hence, we will look for their overlaps and ways in which they can communicate effectively and then exists in symbiosis.