Workshop: Digital data used in manufacturing
The correct data preparation for modern industrial production is still a barrier to effective cooperation among the creative industry and industrial companies. This workshop aims to demystify uncertainties and present a way to do the data creation correctly to minimize errors and increase the quality of the cooperation and the product itself.
The event will take place on 23rd February 2022 from 9 am to 12 am online and is focused on people from the creative industry and representatives of progressive manufacturing companies. You need to register for the event in advance through this form.
The agenda consists of the theoretical and the practical part:
- What does manufacturing mean in the 21st century – digitalization, automatization, data collection
- Digitalization and automatization of the manufacturing, Industry 4.0
- What manufacturing technologies and processes do we know
- Competence framework and expectation management / what clients expect from suppliers and vice versa
Benefits of correctly prepared data
- Time-saving – cost saving
- Faster creation of pricing
- Greater willingness to cooperate
- Automatization – better access to data needed for the calculation of pricing
Production materials for specific technologies of machining and 3D printing + video demonstration
- There are more and less suitable producing formats for every technology
- There exist many kinds of software at different price levels. Some of them are universal, others not, and why do we use them
- Types of files that exist and are suitable for specific technology
- Open-source software (yes/no?)
- Examples of failed products as a result of wrong data from clients
- Illustration of incorrect data – a common practice, documentation, video samples
- What are the types of mistakes, and why do they happen?
- How to correct mistakes, the data check (software-based utilities)
- How to prevent mistakes?
The event is free of charge, but we have a limited capacity. The organizer reserves the right to choose participants, adjust the program or change the date if needed.
This event is part of a series of two events aimed at people from creative fields. The first event was the Service design workshop held on 4th February 2022.
The project is funded by the Interreg Central Europe grant scheme.